Truth Seeking through Game Making
Monday, January 09, 2006
  Playing DOTA
I admit. I have been slack. Last Friday night, Key, Aznan, Zie Aun, Fang Kai, Joo and I went to play DOTA. This is only my second time playing so I still suck a lot. Before the game, I thought I could use my WarCraft III/StarCraft micromanagement skills to good use. It turns out that I was wrong. DOTA is game with pretty interesting strategy. It is an extremely easy game to pick up but not very easy to master (but definitely not as hard as traditional real-time strategy games).

I realized that your Hero/Item combos are very important to win. Timing your hits while creeping is also very important for your gold flow. We chose to play at InfernoWorlds, SS15 because that is BB’s current cybercafé partner for MAS-1, Malaysia’s premier gaming group. InfernoWorlds is a great cybercafé, at least an improvement over those that I used to play in when I was still in my multiplayer gaming days.

The gaming reality-TV show that I am doing with Lewis, Goon and BB is going pretty well. There is a lot of synergy when working with like-minded people. So if you haven’t already, you really SHOULD go your way and FIND like-minded people and work together. Trust me, you won’t regret it.

I need to get back to developing games – and not just helping others with their assignments.
 
Comments:
i always wonder how to play dota, i wana know wat is so interesting till it makes ppl get hook to it...i must try playing it myself..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
John Tan is an entrepreneur, programmer, games developer, game designer. He lives in Cyberjaya, Malaysia and operates a startup game company, Hatchlings Games. His current interest is on Web 2.0 Gaming.

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 /


Powered by Blogger