Truth Seeking through Game Making
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
  The Movies and Games
I have been playing The Movies, the game new Lionhead Studios game. It simulates the movie industry. You can play it from two perspective - Tycoon or Film-maker. I played the Tycoon mode as it is more fun for me. It has a lot more strategy, is very fast pace and very competitive. I wanted to design a Games Tycoon two holidays ago.

Ironically, I had a discussion with Hilmy today on Product Development vs Business Development. He feels that I should focus my efforts on Product Development for now. Business development should come only after product development. I think a succesful games company is excellent in both business and product development. I think our product team, which is lead by Paul/Aznan/Key is in good hands. Key and I will run the business side of things - trust me, its not easy. In the team, I am something like the Executive Producer.

On a side note, my friend and colleague, Iris Lim has a very interesting blog regarding her life. On a side note, she has plenty of Hatchlings Games Studio related post. Her blog can be found here. Btw, she loves cow.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
John Tan is an entrepreneur, programmer, games developer, game designer. He lives in Cyberjaya, Malaysia and operates a startup game company, Hatchlings Games. His current interest is on Web 2.0 Gaming.

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 /


Powered by Blogger