Truth Seeking through Game Making
Saturday, November 05, 2005
  Re-Entry into BlogSpot
As I was sitting down alone in the hall here, I was thinking to myself – what am I going to do now? I have been thinking about it for quite long, since a few months back – since the happening of some major events. In fact, my lack of awareness and consciousness has been making me very anxious. I was frustrated with many things in my life. My procrastination, lack of self-discipline, lack of control and lack of accountability got me into a fairly depressing state. If truth be told, I was almost depressed – unable to function without feeling extremely nervous and frustrated.

I do not like being like this and I have been through life being more productive. My lack of clarity is linked to not being able to identify what went wrong. I broke down, and inadvertently spent a week to rest and rethink about my life.  I have decided to use one full day to get things right, set new direction and regain clarity.

As I look through my old written goals from August 2005 till December 2005, I found that I have accomplished a quarter, failed another quarter and have yet to accomplish the other half of them. I see that some goals changed completely without me realizing it. I don’t think I have spent my time correctly in the past month. I missed out a lot, lost a lot and am beginning to feel and act very negatively.

All that is going to CHANGE NOW. I will not procrastinate and wait any further. The first thing is to communicate better (in speech and text) – and it starts with this blog. My father told me that if I spend a week to improve my grammar, it will improve my life dramatically. I believe him and it will start with writing online.

This blogging project also coincides with my other desire which is to share my findings with the world, especially wannabe game developers out there. I am especially interested in writing for people in developing countries who want to enter this or any competitive industry that is not self-sustaining yet.

To those that don’t know who I am and wish to know. I am born John Tan Ching Tsan in Assunta Hospital, Malaysia on the 27th of December 1984. I am a software engineering and game design student of Multimedia University, Malaysia. I am a Roman Catholic, and a firm believer of the true Church that was founded by Jesus Christ. If you are not a believer – don’t worry this blog is not about Religion. Like I mentioned above, my immediate goal in life is to be a successful game developer – artistically and creatively. I believe in creating value by doing something you are passionate about. I am passionate about game making, business, personal development, film-making, and science (in no particular order).

I am going to verbalize my goal – online. It might not sound wise but I want to, and it is not wrong. I want to share everything I find of value for my readers. It is time to put my thoughts into actions – into manageable and conscious actions. It is time to live my life more courageously, make my dreams come true for the love of God. Let me not regret a single second of my life.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
John Tan is an entrepreneur, programmer, games developer, game designer. He lives in Cyberjaya, Malaysia and operates a startup game company, Hatchlings Games. His current interest is on Web 2.0 Gaming.

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 /


Powered by Blogger