Truth Seeking through Game Making
Sunday, November 06, 2005
  Believing: Hatchlings Games Studios
I am going to believe in my dream.

I am going to BELIEVE that I can be a successful game developer. I can be a successful game developer. I can be a successful game developer. I will do anything (legal and ethical) to create a successful game business. Join me in this exciting journey – please give your comments too. Share with me your experience.

My first attempt is going to be with my company - Hatchlings Games Studios. Over the past few months, my friend, Paul suggested to me start a team to create some games. His purpose was to create a game for Games Application II class which we were going to take in the third trimester in this academic year.

Paul thought that I had the ability to bring people together. I have been losing confidence in it – probably due to high stress (see my previous post which explains briefly my current condition). Well, I have failed but like I said I will rise up again. Hatchlings are all in this together! I know they will forgive me.

Hatchlings Games Studio is comprised of two fantastic managers (and friends) Paul and Key, an ultra-passionate game designer (and friend), Chun Chieh, my good friend Aznan Falzi who is helping with programming (He is helping as he doesn’t want to be part of the company), super effective, creative artist and friend, Tan Zie Aun, talented self-thought musician and writer, Foo Fang Kai, programmers Miica, Kuan and Alvin, and Seifer the artist.

I have failed them last week (read my last post) and I am going to apologize to every one of them. I wasn’t unserious about making this successful. I was overwhelmed with problems from every angle possible. Like I said before, everything is going change now.

The first step is to get us back together again – it should start with writing our company mission statement and plan. Although I would like to share everything in my dream, I cannot disclose anything that is going to be in a contract here. I will write as much as possible.

This is a journey together, you and me and all the others Hatchlings together! It doesn’t matter if you don’t care about this project. I am inviting any sort of comments.

Next, on our intended business models and plan.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
John Tan is an entrepreneur, programmer, games developer, game designer. He lives in Cyberjaya, Malaysia and operates a startup game company, Hatchlings Games. His current interest is on Web 2.0 Gaming.

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 /


Powered by Blogger