Truth Seeking through Game Making
Friday, February 25, 2005
  Damn Small Linux - is COOL!
I just downloaded a linux distribution that is only 50MB in size. It is called Damn Small Linux, is based on the Debian distro and can be downloaded from http://www.damnsmalllinux.org. It is designed to be used from a CD, USB pen drive, zip drive or even embedded into any other devices or OS (including MS Windows). It is really cool. Even though it is a barebone system, you can extend upon the system pretty easily with an internet connection.

I find it really cool. I suggest to people who want to try linux (and you should) to try it. It will not affect data on your hard disk. You can also download the embedded version which will allow you to run the whole system as a window in WinXP - now that is kinda cool.

However if you really want to get a taste of Linux, go get Fedora Core distribution. I am going to stick with this since my old laptop is a low-end machine and will really benefit from it. Guess I am going to set up some servers on it. And since I am developing a MUD now - I can use my old laptop as a test server instead of having it run on my main laptop's Cygwin environment. This is quite convinient.

Join the open-source movement now!
 
Comments:
how's life nowadays? wan come for moral presentation?or else they might cancel ur name in the group lo......
 
John, your blog has improved a little. I've forgot to tell you that Hilmy was saying that your blog is boring because you lacked of elaboration, but your current post looks much much more lively. Just keep up the good work buddy ;)

And Hilmy if you see this comment (I'm sure you will really read all the comments, lol) please forgive me for forgetting to tell John about what you say that day. Thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
John Tan is an entrepreneur, programmer, games developer, game designer. He lives in Cyberjaya, Malaysia and operates a startup game company, Hatchlings Games. His current interest is on Web 2.0 Gaming.

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 /


Powered by Blogger